Oakland, CA | Commercial / Retail | Full Time
ZCON Builders is seeking an experienced candidate to fill the role of Project Engineer. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager and project team with project documentation and control, job cost accounting, scheduling, and construction supervision efforts at our large scale commercial project in Santa Clara, CA.
- Assist Project Manager with on-site management to ensure project success
- Ensure project plan is moving forward to meet anticipated deadlines
- Responsible for RFI process; write, track and maintain log
- Manage Submittals process
- Maintain Permit Log
- Update Construction Drawings / ASIs
- Process owner billings and project related accounting issues as required
- Communicate with all critical stakeholders to assure successful project completion
- Detailed, organized team player with demonstrated delivery in high pressure situations.
- Assist the site Superintendent.
- Responsible for maintaining daily logs, reports, submittals, RFIs, sublists, subcontracts, schedules, change orders, material procurement, logistics, as-builts and closeout
- Bachelor’s Degree (Architectural, Engineering, Construction Management preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years experience in construction or engineering
- Construction Project Management Certification is a plus
- Strong understanding of plans and schematics; ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong organization / time management skills. Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Previous experience in retail / commercial / multi-family construction
- Working Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, ProCore, Plangrid, MS Project required
ZCON Builders is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering excellent benefits and a drug free workplace.